By Maria V. Gallagher, Legislative/PAC Director, Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation
With the barrage of bad news which bombards us each day, it can be difficult to peer into the darkness and see the silver lining.
But the fact is, the pro-life movement is filled with silver linings.
This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for so many things:
- For pregnant women who, against all odds, choose life for their unborn children
- For fathers of preborn babies who stand ready to assist the mothers of their children
- For grandparents who lovingly provide a safe haven for children during tough times
- For pregnancy care center workers and volunteers, who give of themselves to help pregnant women in distressing circumstances find peace
- For doctors who defend life, from its promising beginning to its natural end
- For faithful pro-life legislators who, with each vote, demonstrate their dedication to the most vulnerable among us
- For visual artists, musical artists, and others who use their talents to promote the cause of life
- For writers who, through their brilliant words, lead people to appreciate life
- For the staff and volunteers at National Right to Life affiliates throughout the country, who are rebuilding a culture of life one heart at a time
- For 4D ultrasounds, which have revolutionized the way we look at the preborn child
I wish you a glorious Thanksgiving, filled with the many graces that the Lord provides!