Stand Against the Radical Anti-Life Amendment in Florida!
By Lynda Bell, President, Florida Right to Life
TALLAHASSEE FL – -Florida Right to Life is currently engaged in the toughest battle for life in recent history! Planned Parenthood and the ACLU have formed an alliance to introduce a radical anti-life amendment to change the Florida Constitution. If passed, this amendment would unravel our recent successes and strip away protections for women and unborn babies in Florida. Since the announcement in May, we have been strategizing to confront this new challenge.
It is evident that Planned Parenthood, driven by the profits it makes from abortion, is unwilling to tolerate any threat to its financial gain. Hence, they are attempting to establish a so-called right-to-abortion in Florida’s constitution, safeguarding their lucrative abortion business.
We urgently request your support by joining the Florida Right to Life DECLINE TO SIGN campaign. We are unwavering in our commitment to fight against this deceitful abortion amendment and will utilize every pro-life resource to ensure its defeat.
What you can do to help us prevent the pro-abortion organizations from successfully gathering petition forms:
1. Do NOT sign the anti-life petition: urge everyone you know not to sign these petitions. See “Why the amendment is deceptive below . . .”
2. Generous donation: Florida Right to Life will make this a priority. Your financial contribution will strengthen our fight against this evil amendment.
3. Spread the word: forward this email to your family and friends. Urge them to join our DECLINE TO SIGN campaign. Together, we can amplify our voice to protect the sanctity of life in Florida.
4. Peaceful intervention: when you come across gatherings of individuals collecting petition signatures to support this anti-life amendment, peacefully intervene. Stand near the table and kindly request people not-to-sign, explaining why the language in this amendment is deceptive.
5. Pray for Florida Right to Life: lift us up in prayer, seeking divine guidance and strength to defeat this amendment. Your prayers are essential to our pro-life work.
6. Write letters to local papers: in your own words write a letter exposing the deceitfulness and dangers of the amendment language. Write about the danger of taking away the parental consent law and the potential for unrestricted abortions.
Here is WHY the amendment language is deceptive . . .
The language of the Ballot Summary and the Full Text are purposely vague and ill-defined. The Ballot Summary and Full Text are as follows:
Ballot Summary: No law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patients’ health, as determined by the patients’ health care provider. This amendment does not change the Legislature’s constitutional authority to require notification to a parent or guardian before a minor has an abortion.
Full Text of the Proposed Amendment:
Limiting Government interference with abortion – Except as provided in Article X, Section 22, no law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patients’ health, as determined by the patients’ healthcare provider.
As I stated, this amendment is deceptively worded and vague. This is done on purpose and designed to sugarcoat the ugly truth about how this amendment would undo all our prolife work and protective legislation in Florida.
Let me explain – when they state: “to protect the patients’ health, as determined by the patients’ health care provider” “health” is defined as anything in relation to abortion. It could mean mental health or anything the abortionist and the woman seeking an abortion decide, any reason whatsoever. The term “viability” is a ruse as abortions would be accessible through birth with the “health exception.” Notice, the exception does not say “The life of the Mother” just health! This cannot stand.
The next deception: “as determined by the patient’s healthcare provider.” Notice that they do not say Medical Dr., or Physician . . .rather, they say “healthcare provider”. What is that and who is that… a nurse, a nurse practitioner, an abortionist? Like I stated earlier, vague, and purposely deceptive.
There is absolutely zero concern for the pre-born baby, the baby is never considered. This amendment, if passed, would legalize abortion through birth with a language health-exception loophole you could drive a truck through. This is why we must stop this, stop it now and we need your help to do it!
Now is the time for action! We, at Florida Right to Life, cannot overcome this challenge without your support. All Floridians who want to protect our preborn babies and minor children from becoming victims of this anti-life amendment need to rally in this crucial fight . . . together, we can make a difference!