By Vermont Right to Life
Planned Parenthood Vermont Action Fund Independent Expenditures PAC will honor Attorney General T.J. Donovan as a “state sexual and reproductive champion” at a fundraiser this Thursday.
Donovan has repeatedly used his office to promote Planned Parenthood’s agenda and support policies to protect their abortion business, including:
- Testifying in support of H.57, which codified unrestricted, unregulated abortion in Vermont statute.
- Promising to use the resources of the Attorney General’s office to promote passage of Proposal 5, an amendment to enshrine abortion in the Vermont constitution.
- Securing, along with Gov. Scott, $800,000 in state funding to replace the federal Title X monies refused by Planned Parenthood so they can continue to promote abortion as a method of family planning.
- Filing suit to rollback federal conscience protections for health care workers who do not want to participate in abortion.
“T.J. Donovan receives the endorsement of Planned Parenthood at election time, promotes policies to protect their business while in office, and is now helping their PAC raise money that may be used to re-elect him Attorney General – or perhaps to another office,” stated Sharon Toborg, Policy Analyst for the Vermont Right to Life Committee.
Noting that Donovan currently meets the definition of a candidate under Vermont law, Toborg added, “How can Planned Parenthood claim theirs is an independent expenditures only PAC, which by law must conduct its activities entirely independent of candidates, when they are honoring a candidate at their fundraiser?”
Also of interest:
- Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion business in Vermont, testifying that they perform 90% of the approximately 1,200 abortions performed annually in the State.
- In 2014, PPNNE Action Fund paid a $30,000 fine to the state of Vermont to settle a claim that it violated campaign finance laws during the 2010 election.