By Maria V. Gallagher, Legislative Director, Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation
While driving into my office one day, I began to think of all the reasons that I love the pro-life movement. Although this is not an inclusive list, it does begin to express the gratitude I feel for this life-saving, life-changing movement:
- It recognizes the intrinsic worth of the most vulnerable among us. It sees beyond appearances and stereotypes and attests to the value of the preborn, the infirm, and the elderly.
- It is filled with young people. They give heart and hope to this incredible movement.
- It is peopled with seasoned veterans, who enrich us with their wisdom and inspire us with their perseverance.
- It is a movement of love. It is powered and sustained by a profound love for one’s fellow man and woman.
- It is hopeful. It sees beyond the death and destruction of Roe v. Wade and envisions an America that is abortion-free.
- It reaches out to women and men who have suffered from abortion. It is dedicated to the principle that individuals whose lives have been shattered by the scourge of abortion can find healing and hope.
- It is peaceful, calling for a non-violent revolution of love.
- It is inclusive, including people of all races and nationalities. It does not discriminate based on background or ethnicity.
- It reaches out to the poorest among us–the preborn child.
- It is compassionate, extending friendship to people in desperate circumstances and undergoing trying times.
The pro-life movement is truly one of America’s greatest treasures. I am thankful to all of you who make it so!