By Maria Gallagher, Legislative Director, Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation
Editor’s note. My family and I will be on vacation through August 25. I will occasionally add new items but for the most part we will repost “the best of the best” — the stories our readers have told us they especially liked over the last ten months.
This is an especially exciting time for the pro-life movement in the U.S. Here are the Top 10 Reasons Why It’s Good to be Pro-Life Now:
10. Life has been winning in the voting booth. A pro-life Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidate won the White House. Special elections for Congress have been tilting in our favor. Pro-life leaders are in place in both the U.S. House and Senate, and in numerous Governor’s Offices around the country.
9. More people are opening their eyes to the callousness of the abortion industry. Undercover videos from both the Center for Medical Progress and Live Action demonstrate the cavalier attitude demonstrated by those who take the lives of innocent preborn children.
8. Social media has allowed the pro-life message to be heard as never before. Viral videos of Ultrasounds, compelling photos of the stages of a preborn baby’s development, and insightful articles are making the rounds on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, educating people as never before to the nobility of the pro-life cause.
7. Clergy are speaking out about socially-bankrupt pro-abortion policies. They are not afraid to speak the truth about the horrors of abortion, infanticide, euthanasia, and assisted suicide.
6. The Millennial generation is the most pro-life generation since the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973. National polls show young people are far more pro-life than young people of previous generations.
5. Women who regret their abortions are sharing their stories. The women who make up the Silent No More Awareness campaign are hoping to prevent other women from making the tragic mistakes they’ve made.
4. Women who have undergone abortions are receiving hope and healing through post-abortion ministries such as Rachel’s Vineyard.
3. The March for Life continues to be a phenomenal success, attracting hundreds of thousands of (mostly young) people to the nation’s Capital each January to march on behalf of those who’ve never been given a chance at life.
2. Abortion totals are at their lowest levels since abortion was legalized nationwide.
1. You are helping to save lives by offering life-affirming alternatives to abortion, volunteering at pregnancy care centers, educating your community through local chapters of National Right to Life, and supporting NRLC state affiliates such as the Pennsylvania Pro-Life Federation.
2017 is a great time to be pro-life. You are making it so. Coming generations will be deeply indebted to you for your dedication, sacrifice, and perseverance.