By Olivia Gans Turner, President, Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL)
The Extreme Right-to-Abortion Amendment passed the Virginia State Senate by a vote of 21-18. Now we must defeat it in the House of Delegates.
Please use the VSHL Legislative Action Center to contact your Delegate to Oppose the Right-to-Abortion Amendment to the Virginia Constitution and let your Senator know you are upset it passed the State Senate.
All you need to do is click the link, enter your contact information and send the pre-written emails to your Delegate and your Senator (you can edit the messages if you want). The system uses your address to identify your Delegate and Senator so the messages get sent to the appropriate legislator.
Passing a constitutional amendment is a multiple step process but we need to stop this bill NOW. So please act today!
Pro-Abortion politicians and activists are trying to push this amendment through with innocent sounding language by calling it “personal reproductive freedom.”
But we know what the amendment really means.
- Abortion-on-Demand for any reason, throughout all nine months of pregnancy, and paid for with taxpayer dollars.
- No restrictions on Partial-Birth Abortions or after unborn children feel pain.
- No restrictions on abortions through all nine months of pregnancy right up to birth.
- No protecting teenage girls and their unborn babies from unscrupulous abortionists.
- No new pro-life laws in Virginia. NONE! EVER!
We must defeat this amendment. Your Delegate needs to hear from YOU that you oppose this extreme amendment.
STOP THE RIGHT-TO-ABORTION AMENDMENT
P.S. I can’t stress enough how dangerous this extreme amendment is to unborn babies in Virginia. The Right-to-Abortion Amendment has already passed the State Senate and Governor Youngkin can NOT veto constitutional Amendments. Please contact your Delegate right away and let them know you oppose this Extreme Amendment.