“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” — Virginia Governor Ralph Northam
By Olivia Gans Turner. President, Virginia Society for Human Life
I am sure you were as outraged as I was when you heard what Governor Northam said on the radio about allowing a newborn to rest “comfortably” before being left to die.
I am also sure you were also outraged when the Governor declared abortion to be “an essential service” during the on-going COVID-19 crisis.
But outrage won’t save babies lives….
… PASSING PRO-LIFE LAWS WILL!
Virginia will be voting for Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General, and the entire House of Delegates on November 2nd this year.
Governor Northam can’t run for re-election, so, we will have a new Governor of Virginia: Pro-life GLenn Youngkin for Pro-abortion Terry McAuliffe.
Who wins these elections will determine whether Virginia will pass pro-life or pro-abortion laws.
Which is why I urge you to sign the 2021 Virginia Pro-Life Voter Pledge to help defend innocent babies.
Our goal is to collect 100,000 of these pro-life pledges from voters from all over Virginia. That would be 1,000 Pro-Life Voter Pledges from each of Virginia’s One Hundred Districts in the House of Delegates.
The Pro-Life Pledge allows all of Virginia’s elected officials at the Federal, State and Local Level know that you:
- Are Pro-Life and that you VOTE
- You oppose abortion-on-demand
- You oppose taxpayer-funding of abortion
- You oppose adding the Right-to-Abortion Amendment to the Virginia Constitution
- You support requiring medical treatment for babies who survive abortions
- You support common-sense protections for unborn babies who can feel pain and want to prevent dismemberment abortions, as well as other protections for unborn babies.
VSHL has an aggressive campaign to urge pro-lifers to vote in the 2021 Virginia elections including plans to:
1) Distribute and Collect One Hundred Thousand of the Virginia Pro-life Voter Pledges to show how outraged Virginians from across the Commonwealth are with the extreme policies of the Abortion Lobby including abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy, all paid for by taxpayers. As well as their hope to add a Right-to-Abortion Amendment to the Virginia Constitution.
2) Launched a comprehensive 2021 Voter Mobilization Campaign to turn-out pro-life voters which will include targeted video ads, digital ads, radio ads, direct mail, phones calls, social media, and grassroots activism.
3) Bypassing the dishonest “fake news” media to expose facts about the extreme agenda of the pro-abortion lobby and their politician friends like Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine & Governor Northam.
VSHL has been in this fight for a long time. We were the first state-wide pro-life organization in the country, founded in 1967.
And even now we are the only state-wide, single-issue pro-life group in Virginia.
But we can’t do it alone.
We need your help, and we need it today.
Why Pro-Lifers Must Vote on November 2nd
The 2021 elections are pivotal in the battle to protect the unborn here in Virginia. Elections will be held for Governor, Lt. Governor, Attorney General. and all 100 Seats in the House of Delegates.
Each of these have elections will have a major impact on whether pro-life laws and policies are enacted and defended,
We have seen how extreme pro-abortion politicians and activists have become – especially in Virginia.
You remember when Gov. Northam, while defending Del. Tran’s legislation to eliminate all restrictions on abortion up until birth, advocated for allowing babies who survived an attempted abortion to be left to die, or worse?
Their ideas have been embraced by virtually all pro-abortion politicians in Virginia.
They are so extreme they won’t even pass a law to require medical care for babies who survive an attempted abortion.
I could go on and on.
But you know how awful their radical pro-abortion agenda is. And why we must stop them.
Our focus is on making sure pro-lifers vote in the November 2nd, 2021 Virginia Elections.
And make no mistake: Elections have consequences.
They are so extreme they even publicly say that abortion is “essential medical care“!
Which is why VSHL has developed a comprehensive plan to get pro-lifers to vote – especially those Virginians that don’t normally vote.
Planned Parenthood and their pro-abortion allies are going to be doing everything they can to get people to vote for pro-abortion candidates.
So we need to make sure pro-lifers turn out and vote their values.
How VSHL Will Get More Pro-Lifers to Vote
If we are going to be able to win, we must expand our operations. We must broaden our outreach. We must enact our 2021 Voter Mobilization Action Agenda and expand our other pro-life efforts.
The goal of this Voter Mobilization Action Agenda is to get pro-life Virginians to vote in the all of these important 2021 elections.
Specifically, the Action Agenda has been developed to make sure pro-life voters know what is at stake in these elections and make sure they vote.
This detailed plan includes:
- Distributing and Collecting 100,000 Pro-Life Voter Pledges both online and in the mail
- Targeted Video and Digital Ads
- Radio Advertising Campaign
- Additional advertising including postal letters, emails, phone calls and hopefully billboards and newspaper ads
- Church Outreach Program
- Earned Media
- Social Media
- Grassroots Action
We believe that this plan will allow us to reach and motivate pro-life voters to go to the polls for the November 2nd, 2021 Virginia Elections.
We will remind pro-life voters of what Governor Northam said about babies who survive an abortion.
We will remind them of the bill Del. Tran introduced that would eliminate any restrictions on abortion up until birth.
We will expose the radical agenda of pro-abortion activists.
We will urge them to take a stand and do something to help unborn babies.