By Lisa Bourne
Women who have taken the first pill in the two-drug chemical abortion regimen who experienced regret and successfully reversed their chemical abortion are expressing gratitude for the life-saving protocol and network that made saving their unborn children possible.
One such mom, pregnant with her child after a successful abortion pill reversal, said that previously she had no idea about APR and is thankful for the Abortion Pill Rescue® Network (APRN) and the treatment she received resulted in saving her baby.
“There’s no way that I can describe how life-changing/life-saving (!) this program was for me/my soon to be born baby!” she said. “Thank you!”
This mom went on to thank all who had served her through the APRN.
“From scientists who know to give progesterone; the nurses who actually traveled to see me for weeks in a mobile unit; for your team who arranged all of the treatment,” the pregnant mom said. “Everyone came together. And now I am six months pregnant, so grateful for researching online after taking the abortion pill on, “what happens if I do not take follow up pills after abortion pill.”
“I had no idea there was a reversal procedure,” she stated. “Never was relevant to me … So, thank you to the website administrators who use keywords so people can find out about this reversal process when they don’t even know what information to look for!”
“So important!” the mom said. “Thank You again.”
APR is an updated application of a treatment used for decades to prevent miscarriage. It involves prescribing progesterone, the natural hormone in a woman’s body necessary to sustain pregnancy, to counter the effects of the first abortion drug. That drug, mifepristone, destabilizes pregnancy. The second drug in a chemical abortion, misoprostol, taken one to two days after the first abortion drug, causes the pregnancy mother to labor and deliver her deceased child.
If a woman takes the first abortion pill, regrets the decision, and acts quickly enough, it may be possible to save her unborn child.
The APRN, managed by Heartbeat International, consists of some 1,000 rescue providers and centers who administer the APR protocol.
Heartbeat International Director of Medical Impact Christa Brown explained that the APRN regularly checks in with APR moms to see how they’re doing and hears back from them about the blessing of APR and the hazards of chemical abortion.
“Women commonly share with us how thankful they are for the help they receive through the Abortion Pill Rescue Network,” she said. “But they also share with us the emotional and physical distress caused by the abortion experience and the dangerous drugs used for chemical abortion.”
Abortion apologists often disparage APR with claims denigrating the science and safety of the protocol. They attempt a narrative of women needing to be sheltered from receiving information about APR, which conflicts with the concept of choice.
A 2018 peer-reviewed study showed up to 64%-68% of the pregnancies were saved through abortion pill reversal. The study also showed there was no increase in birth defects with the treatment and a lower preterm delivery rate than the general population as well.
“APRN offers compassionate care and real choices for women,” Brown told Pregnancy Help News. “It’s incomprehensible that anyone would want to force a woman to complete any medical procedure they no longer desire or would deny a woman information about her pregnancy.”
“Women are well able to make their own medical choices and do not need abortion providers to make pregnancy decisions for them,” she said.
The women who have changed their mind after taking the first abortion pill and successfully reversed their chemical abortion frequently wish to share their joy in hopes of saving other moms from going through what they have in beginning a chemical abortion. Their personal accounts directly counter claims about APR made by the abortion lobby.
When several APR moms were asked recently how things were going, they responded with the following:
– My pregnancy so far has been going very well… My babies (twins!) are growing very fast, and my doctor is very happy with my progress. I want to thank you all so much for helping me save my babies. I don’t know what I’d do without you all.
– I’m doing very well – currently 35 weeks pregnant. Baby boy is healthy and strong. I’ll have my baby soon thanks to you guys. Thank you so much for all you have done for us.
– I want to thank all of you for all your help, encouragement, and optimism that day in my decision to reverse the process. Things are going great… Thank you for checking up. You are all amazing for all the lives you have helped.
– I’ll be 30 weeks in 5 days, and I am so excited to meet him. He is very active, and his sister loves him so much already. Thank you for asking and Thank you for your help. I’m so happy I came to you.
– I wanted you to know the reversal worked. I’m currently 22 weeks pregnant with a baby girl! She is from what they can tell so far healthy. She is moving quite a bit nowadays!
– I just want to say thank you. I was so scared when all this was happening and had no idea what to expect. My previous doctor kept pressuring me into taking the second pill and it made me so nervous. I have spoken to so many of your nurses and they have always been so kind and reassuring with my questions and concerns.
– Thank you for reaching out! I am doing well. The reversal was successful! I am now 20 weeks pregnant, and it is to be a girl. Thank you so much for all of your assistance in making this possible.
– I’m happy to let you know that the reversal was a success, and I am expecting a little girl in July. Thank you for checking in and providing me with the resources and help that I needed during that difficult time. Thank you thank you!
– You guys are such an amazing program, and I am so grateful for your help because I am now expecting a beautiful baby boy come September and the baby seems to be absolutely perfect and healthy!!! Thank you so much for everything, you guys are so amazing!!!
– It is going perfectly fine!! I am currently 33 weeks with a healthy baby girl soon to be born early July!! I just wanted to thank you again because if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t have made it this far with her. You made this possible and I’ll forever be grateful.
Brown affirmed that the APRN offers women a real choice.
“Women reach out to Abortion Pill Rescue who are experiencing true regret and wanting another option,” she said. “We offer them information and the support they request to continue their pregnancies.”