By Dave Andrusko
When you are fronting for an organization (Planned Parenthood) whose founding mother was a raging eugenicist, your tweets are always susceptible to responses from those who know the truth about Margaret Sanger. That, for example, Sanger wrote in 1921, governments should “attempt to restrain, either by force or persuasion, the moron and the imbecile from producing his large family of feeble-minded offspring.” Or that her enthusiasm for forced sterilization of the “unfit” was enthusiastically promoted by former Planned Parenthood president Alan Guttmacher (after whom Planned Parenthood’s former research arm is named).
Which brings us to Monday’s gem from Dr. Leana Wen, PPFA’s president, who tweeted
More than 100 years ago, Planned Parenthood was founded on the simple idea that our bodies are our own — without that, we cannot be truly free or equal.— Leana Wen, M.D. (@DrLeanaWen) June 17, 2019
Yet, in 2019, we’ve seen states pass 19 bans on abortion care. That’s just in 6 months.
The responses came fast and furious. Here is just a sample:
- That’s 31 less than the ideal number.
- My goodness, you skipped history class, didn’t you. #margaretsanger #eugenics #getridoftheundesirables
- Gotta get rid of those ‘human weeds.’
- How twisted does a person’s mind have to be to equate abortion with care?!
- “Yet, in 2019, we’ve seen states pass 19 bans on abortion care.” And, we’re just getting started …
- These lies have an expiration date, and it’s coming due.
- Wrong again
- Suggested edit: the simple idea that our bodies are our own, but that the bodies of babies may be mutilated mercilessly.
- Our bodies are our own, the same way the child growing within the womb is its own body, its own person. Am i missing something?
- We’ve always known our bodies were [our] own. At issue is the other body involved in abortion that is so often disregarded–and ripped to shreds–by your company.
- Freedom/Equality that can only be achieved through killing an unborn baby is NOT freedom.
- A woman with a unplanned pregnancy can achieve anything a woman with a planned pregnancy or nonpregnant woman can. That’s equality!
- This is a bold face lie. See Margaret Sanger, the founder of PP. The MD you have must stand for “missing data”.
Imagine having to defend this? Whatever they are paying Wen, it’s not enough.