By Dave Andrusko
Vice President Mike Pence had a distinguished pro-life record, first as a representative from Indiana , and then as the state’s governor. So you can imagine how excited we were in July 2016 when then presidential candidate Trump chose Pence to be his running mate.
We commented, “From the single-issue pro-life perspective, the selection of Pence, who also served six terms in Congress, would be difficult to surpass.” And that has proven to be the case.
In a speech delivered Wednesday to the annual meeting of the Southern Baptist Convention, Vice President Pence again declared, “Donald Trump is the most pro-life President in American history.” And he highlighted just some of President Trump’s initiatives to rollback the legacy of pro-abortion President Barack Obama and further the cause of life and. For example…
- ”I couldn’t be more proud to stand with a President who stands without apology for the sanctity of human life.”
- ”To protect the God-given rights enshrined in our Constitution, this President has been busy appointing strong conservatives to our federal courts at every level. In fact, last year we set a record — with the strong support of the leadership of the Senate, we set a record for confirming the most judges to the federal courts of appeals than any President in American history. And that doesn’t even count Justice Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court of the United States.”
- ”One of his very first acts in office, our President reinstated the Mexico City policy, denying any federal aid dollars to organizations that promote or perform abortions around the world.”
- ”We withdrew the United States from the U.N. Population Fund in order to prevent our tax dollars from supporting forced sterilization or abortion overseas.”
- ”We empowered the states to defund abortion providers. And it was my honor, as Vice President, to cast the tie-breaking vote to allow states across America to defund Planned Parenthood.
- ”And just a few days ago, the President took action to ensure that Title X funding will not go to any programs that provide abortions.”
And that’s in just a little over 500 days. It is important to remember not only all that has been done—and will be done—but also the calamity unborn children avoided when Hillary Clinton was defeated.
Never, ever forget that Mrs. Clinton is pro-abortion from the top of her head to the soles of her feet. With PPFA’s BFF in the White House, the carnage would have picked up speed and the damage to our Movement incalculable.
You can read Mr. Pence’s entire address here.