By Jacki Ragan, Convention Director
Every four years, in presidential election years, we bring the National Right to Life convention to the Washington, D.C. area. This year, we will be at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, VA, just minutes outside DC, for the 42nd annual National Right to Life Convention. We hope that you will make plans to join us and pro-lifers from all around the United States.
Here are a few of the many things you can expect if you make plans now and attend NRLC 2012:
* Being welcomed and given the opportunity to meet and talk with hundreds and hundreds of other pro-life folks from around the nation. It is an amazing feeling when you look around a crowded area and know that everyone there feels as you do–that they have sacrificed and planned and raised funds in order to be there—and are joining with you to learn what they must learn and to take that knowledge back to their local community to work to save lives.
* On Wednesday evening, June 27, the Association for Interdisciplinary Research in Values and Social Change will hold its annual “paper session.” This is always a must-attend event and this year the focus will be on men and abortion and the effect abortion has on them.
* Dozens and dozens of pro-life exhibits…offering information on every aspect of the right to life movement.
* The 27th annual National Teens for Life Convention – three full days packed with information specifically for teens. Be sure to bring a handful of teens and help them start a Teens for Life group in your area.
* Five General Sessions, a Prayer Breakfast, a closing Banquet, and over 75 workshops encompassing every topic imaginable. There will be special “tiers” of workshops you can attend that will give you additional information on the topics you most wish to learn about.
* Awesome childcare for your children…while you are hard at work learning, they are hard at play, going on amazing field trips, swimming, having picnics, ice cream Sunday parties, etc.
The bottom line? The convention is for you! NRLC 2012 will be a great experience even if you are not currently involved in an active chapter. NRLC 2012 will benefit you by teaching you about: the latest technologies, social media, fund-raising tools, what Planned Parenthood is up to, RU-486, webcam abortions, statistics, chapter development, post-abortion syndrome, political action, legislative bills and laws –federal and state–how to work with the media, euthanasia, physician-assisted suicide, and more and more and more.
NRLC 2012 will provide you with the tools and knowledge and sense of camaraderie you need to make 2012 the year we need it to be.
Please, seriously, consider attending. Sign up for the 42nd annual National Right to Life Convention. I will do my best to make sure you are glad you did!
See you in D.C. this June!
Your feedback is very important to improving National Right to Life News Today. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like, join those who are following me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/daveha