Several days ago, Planned Parenthood released its 2020-2021 Annual Report. In the past, it was necessary to have a long, detailed post explaining how their own numbers showed their true commitment to abortion over everything else—despite their public relations image, aided and abetted by a largely compliant media.
Given their advocacy turn in recent years, it shouldn’t require that at all, but nevertheless, there are still millions of people out there who have absorbed the talking point that “Planned Parenthood does so much more than abortion.” So, once again, let’s detail the numbers of the leader of the Abortion Industry.
2020 was yet another year proving how Planned Parenthood is increasing their commitment to abortion, even in the midst of a global pandemic. In fact, Planned Parenthood killed more human beings in America than COVID did.
Despite drastic declines in other services, their abortions once again increased from 354,871 in 2019 to 383,460 in 2020.
Women who go to Planned Parenthood aren’t getting actual pregnancy or parenting counseling, but a sales pitch for abortion. We can see this in their adoption referrals numbers. Their number of adoption referrals declined from 2,667 in 2019 to 1,940. That means for ever adoption referral they do, they did 198 abortions.
How do we make sense of 383,460 abortions? Well, you paid Planned Parenthood to kill more Americans in 2020 than:
- #4: COVID (350,831 according to the CDC’s 2020 numbers)
- #5: Accidents (200,955)
- #6: Stroke (160,264)
Planned Parenthood is deadlier than:
- The Axis Powers in World War II (291,557 deaths in combat from 1941 to 1945)
- The Confederacy (364,511 Union deaths from 1861 to 1865)
- Climate change (250,000 additional deaths a year according to the World Health Organization)
- Vladimir Putin (93,000 total Ukrainian and Russian deaths from war as of 9/14/22, according to the Ukrainian government)
- The Opioid Epidemic (68,630 overdose deaths in 2020)
These numbers aren’t just a one-time issue because of pandemic lockdowns; Planned Parenthood’s commitment to everything other than abortion has been declining since 2009 and the Obama Administration.
From 2019 to 2020 services:
- 10.4 million services down to 8.7 million services: Planned Parenthood inflates this number by double or even triple counting appointments
- 2.4 million overall clients down to 2.16
- 270,000 breast exams down to 174,000
- 1.8 million contraceptive clients down to 1.5 million
- 5.4 million STI tests down to 4.4 million
Those are all the services Planned Parenthood traditionally held out as their core services. Planned Parenthood still fudges their numbers enough to show that abortions are only “4% of their services.” But, given their pregnancy testing is simply a means to identify possible abortion patients, 44% of their clients had pregnancy tests, and 18% had abortions.
Making Bank Off Declining Services
What sort of business or nonprofit makes more money in government grants and increases their profits while providing fewer and fewer services every year? Why, Planned Parenthood of course.
Look at some of these ridiculous financial statistics, from 2019 to 2020:
- Assets up from $2.34 billion to $2.54 billion
- Gross revenue up from $1.64 billion to $1.71 billion
- Tax funding up from $618 million to $633 million
- Profits from $69.7 million to $133.7 million
Planned Parenthood lost 240,000 clients in 2020, but increased their profits by $64 million! With more than a third of their budget paid for by taxpayers, you are paying to line their pockets and foot their lobbying bills.
The Abortion Racket
It shouldn’t need to be pointed out, but something is gravely wrong in a “non-profit” that keeps losing massive numbers of clients while dramatically increasing their profits on the backs of taxpayers.
In the last 10 years, this “reproductive health” organization has lost 840,000 clients and decreased contraceptives by 30%, while increasing revenues 40%, increasing tax funding 18%, and increasing abortions 17%.
You are being scammed by a political organization that is deadlier than COVID and every other villain held up in national narratives as a concern requiring immediate action and sustained focus.
While the end of Roe v. Wade will no doubt have some impact on Planned Parenthood’s mission, this billion-dollar corporation of death will remain a top-10 cause of death in America into the near future. This killing must end.