By Dave Andrusko
National Right to Life produces great quantities of invaluable materials for everyone from someone who happens across our webpage to the most dedicated pro-life veteran who consumes every item.
I say that by way of reminding our faithful readers of an annual resource whose importance can be lost in the swirl of events surrounding the anniversary of Roe v. Wade and (in this case) the inaugural of the pro-abortion tandem of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
I’m referring, of course, to “The State of Abortion in the United States, 2021.”
If you haven’t started, or just tipped a toe in, let me explain why the 8th annual report really is must reading.
To be sure, the daily National Right to Life News Today and the monthly NRL News provide important updates on current events—and if you are not a subscriber, please take 30 seconds out and sign up here.
However, “The State of Abortion in the United States” brings together a wide variety of topics written about in depth, found nowhere else in one place.
The report begins with an Introduction by NRL President Carol Tobias and 69 pages later ends with a summary of the presidential records on abortion going back to Ronald Reagan. You can read the Introduction here.
In between NRLC experts offer
- A terrific explanation of the total number of abortions since 1973 and how that figure of over 65 million was arrived at.
- A history of the Hyde Amendment. Once through, you will readily understand why it is among the principal targets of the Abortion Industry.
- An in-depth examination of the abortion-promoting ERA, aptly described as a “Constitutional Stealth Missile.”
- A superb overview of the anti-life mission of Planned Parenthood whose insatiable thirst to increase the number of abortions is unappeasable. PPFA continues its ongoing campaign to increase its already huge “market share” (over 40% of all abortions already) and enhance its political power.
- A summary of the deeply entrenched pro-abortion mindset of President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris and what they have in mind.
- Back to back digests of federal and state policies on abortion. You will want to bookmark these sections.
- Looking back at the role abortion played in the 2020 elections, you’ll learn, “Nationally, 23% of voters said that the abortion issue affected their vote and voted for candidates who oppose abortion. This compares to just 18% who said abortion affected their vote and voted for candidates who favor abortion, yielding a 5% advantage for pro-life candidates.”
- An extremely helpful Synopsis of Supreme Court abortion cases and the aforementioned “Presidential Record on Life.”
Take a few minutes out each day this week and read the report. You’re be a very informed pro-lifer after you do.