By Dave Andrusko
In the pell-mell of the inauguration of pro-abortion President Joe Biden and the 48th anniversary of the ugly Roe v. Wade decision, it’s critically important that NRLC’s annual “The State of Abortion in the United States, 2021” receive its due consideration.
This is the eighth edition of what is—and this is not hyperbole—must reading.
The daily National Right to Life News Today and the monthly NRL News provide important updates on current events, but “The State of Abortion in the United States” brings together in one place a wide variety of topics written about in depth, found nowhere else.
The report begins with an Introduction by NRL President Carol Tobias and 69 pages later ends with a summary of the presidential records on abortion going back to Ronald Reagan. In between there are sections, written by NRLC experts, including
- A terrific explanation of the total number of abortions since 1973 and how that figure of over 65 million was arrived at.
- A history of the Hyde Amendment which will help the reader understand why it is among the principal targets of the Abortion Industry.
- An in-depth examination of the abortion-promoting ERA, aptly described as a “Constitutional Stealth Missile.”
- The best look anywhere at the anti-life mission of Planned Parenthood whose thirst to increase the number of abortions is insatiable. PPFA continues its ongoing campaign to increase its already huge “market share” and enhance its political power.
- In straightforward language, a summary of the deeply entrenched pro-abortion mindset of President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Back to back digests of federal and state policies on abortion. You will want to bookmark these sections.
- A look back at the role abortion played in the 2020 elections. “Nationally, 23% of voters said that the abortion issue affected their vote and voted for candidates who oppose abortion. This compares to just 18% who said abortion affected their vote and voted for candidates who favor abortion, yielding a 5% advantage for pro-life candidates.”
- An extremely helpful Synopsis of abortion cases decided by the Supreme Court and the aforementioned “Presidential Record on Life.”
Take a few minutes out each day this week and read the report. You’re be a very information pro-lifer after you do.