WASHINGTON — As day three of the Democratic National Convention opens, the Democratic Party’s theme for this evening is “A More Perfect Union.” But if the Democratic Party prevails this November and Joe Biden and Kamala Harris become our nation’s President and Vice President, the losers will be unborn children and their mothers.
“As a presidential candidate, Sen. Harris pledged all-out support for a wide range of pro-abortion policies,” said Carol Tobias, president of the National Right to Life Committee. “Sen. Harris pledged to advance a radical agenda of abortion on demand and create policies that would severely curtail a state’s ability to pass any protective pro-life legislation.”
As a member of Congress, Kamala Harris has a 100% life-time pro-abortion rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America which enthusiastically celebrated her selection as Joe Biden’s running mate.
While running for President, Sen. Harris introduced her “Reproductive Rights Act” action plan. Included in her plan were a series of sweeping pro-abortion policies and directives, such as,
- States and localities would be subject to a “preclearance requirement” if those states had a “pattern of violating Roe v. Wade in the preceding 25 years.” The “patterns” in question would be determined by the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- “No abortion law or practice will take effect until the Department of Justice certifies it comports with Roe v. Wade.”
- States would have to “prove any new law or practice does not deny or abridge” the so-called “right” to abortion.
- States and localities would be “required to submit any proposed change to DOJ. If the jurisdiction is unable to prove the change comports with Roe and the Women’s Health Protection Act, DOJ must object to the change.”
To ensure that states would be forced into lockstep with the pro-abortion policies her administration would have pursued,
- A Department of Justice in a Kamala Harris Administration would have “an affirmative duty to review submissions and make formal determinations” regarding any pro-life laws passed by states or localities.
- Abortionists would have “the ability to challenge DOJ’s approval of a law or practice in federal court, serving as a check on hostile administrations.”
As a presidential candidate, Sen. Harris promised to protect Planned Parenthood from attempts to defund the abortion giant. In addition, she also vowed to nominate judges who would support Roe v. Wade and would work to reverse the Hyde Amendment. Her administration would also have promoted abortion around the world.
“Joe Biden’s choice of Kamala Harris sends a clear message that a Biden/Harris Administration would be hostile to the unborn child and her mother,” said Tobias. “Under a Biden/Harris administration, more and more children would die in abortions and their mothers would suffer.”