By Olivia Gans Turner, President, Virginia Society for Human Life (VSHL)
Governor Ralph Northam and his pro-abortion allies are shockingly out of control.
The comments by Governor Northam, Delegate Kathy Tran, their pro-abortion allies in the General Assembly, the abortion businesses like Planned Parenthood and radical activists are outrageous.
But that has been their agenda for years– they normally just hide it – not celebrate it like they did in New York or announce it on the radio like the Governor did.
VSHL wants to expose this to the public and rally the pro-life forces to oppose their evil agenda.
Here are a few key items we need to accomplish right away:
- Additional advertising to pro-life voters to contact their Delegates to oppose the Pro-Abortion ERA
- Initial launch of a radio campaign to educate the public about the real agenda of the radical pro-abortion movement.
- Two upcoming events (in Northern Virginia and Richmond)
- Lobbying the General Assembly is still in session
And this does not include our normal day-to-day expenses.
Just let me remind you of how radical these people are.
They want to use any means necessary to remove any-and-all restriction on abortion until, and shockingly even beyond, when a baby is born.
Yes, during a radio interview this week, the Governor defended legislation that would allow a baby to be aborted even after a mother has gone into labor. He is trying to be even worse than New York – which I didn’t think was possible early this week.
They don’t care how they achieve their agenda of abortion without any restrictions from passing legislation, to using the courts and most dangerous of all a back-door attempt to amend the United States Constitution with the Pro-Abortion ERA
VSHL has been active opposing this radical pro-abortion agenda all legislative session especially the pro-abortion ERA.
Just read these chilling comments from Governor Northam:
“The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.”
And Delegate Tran’s comments were just as bad. Just read this exchange between pro-life Delegate Gilbert and Delegate Tran:
“She has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she is so certified? She’s dilating,” Gilbert said.
“Mr. Chairman, that would be a, you know, a decision that the doctor, the physician and the woman would make at this point,” Tran responded.
“I understand that. I’m asking if your bill allows that,” Gilbert posed.
“My bill would allow that, yes,” she said.”
The comments are both shocking and appalling. We must do something and not let these outrageous comments go unanswered.
Have you seen their radical pro-abortion agenda?
- Legalizing Abortion-on-demand through all nine months of pregnancy
- Allowing Partial-Birth Abortions
- Eliminating parental notification or consent laws
- Forcing taxpayer funding of all abortions
- Stopping any and all legislation that restricts abortion in any way on the local, state and Federal level
All that they need is for a few more pro-abortion votes in the State Senate and House of Delegates and they will be able to achieve their agenda.
Which is why I need you to help me send a strong message to the Governor and his pro-abortion allies.
The pro-abortion forces are reported to be spending millions of dollars in this battle. They are not going to give up easily. We need to continue an ongoing education campaign to educate the public at large about their agenda.
But we have a lot of work to do.
As the public hears about Governor Northam’s outrageous comments, Del. Tran’s bill to allow abortion even as a baby is about to be born, and the rest of their pro-abortion agenda like the ERA, we know they will reject this pro-abortion mob.
We have launched a variety of ways to educate the public about the real truth of what the ERA would do to expand and protect the abortion industry – forever.
We have been educating Members of the General Assembly, the press and the public on this issue in a variety of ways:
- Calling hundreds of thousands of pro-lifers across Virginia
- Email blasts to pro-lifers all over Virginia
- Paid internet advertising
- Our website, Facebook page and email list
- Working with other pro-life, pro-family organizations and leaders
- Press releases and talking to the press
- Interviews on talk radio shows
- Meeting individually and with groups of legislators
- Attending and Speaking at Hearings in the General Assembly
But we need to do more such as our planned radio advertising campaign. Please help by going to https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d2/default.aspx?wid=154371.
Thank you for all of your support of the pro-life movement.
Yours for Life.