By Karen Cross, NRL Political Director
In less than two months, crucial off-year elections will take place in which we will fight to maintain pro-life leadership in both the House and Senate. As National Right to Life has for decades, as we approach November 6 we will offer guidance about the many different tasks you could undertake to help us help the babies.
Choose what you can do, even if it is only one thing for all are important in helping us carry the day. Please examine NRL‘s suggestions and decide what best fits your time and talents.
Nothing separates us from pro-abortionists more than the conviction that every life is singularly important. Every life you help National Right to Life save, is one taken away from the clutches of the likes of Planned Parenthood.
We know that changing hearts and minds through education and passing pro-life legislation saves lives. Just one piece of pro-life legislation – the Hyde Amendment, which restricts taxpayer funding of abortions – has saved two million babies. Two million! That’s two million families blessed with a child rather than cursed with remorse and regret.
However, in order to pass pro-life laws, we need to elect pro-life legislators – an enormous, but not insurmountable task, which we have proven election after election.
Pro-abortionists are motivated. Are we? Of course! But we must work harder and smarter than ever before because the financial advantage the other side always enjoys appears as if it will be even greater than ever.
The blessing of having pro-life majorities in the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate comes along with the obligation to retain, indeed, expand those majorities. If each of us does our part, working together, the enormity of the task before us is manageable.
Here are five simple things you can do to help win the elections in 2018:
1) First and foremost, contribute money to National Right to Life. It takes a lot of money to maintain a national organization, especially a pro-life organization involved on the frontlines with education, political action and legislation. You can donate by clicking here.
2) Educate yourself and others about the issue. Sign up for National Right to Life News Today, our free daily news. Encourage your pro-life friends and family to do the same.
3) We are a grassroots movement. You can expand our reach through social media. “Share” pro-life news, National Right to Life’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts with your friends. Go here to add National Right to Life to your social media.
4) In order to make a difference in the elections, we need an educated electorate registered to vote. A 2017 Pew poll found that 60% of people say they have never been asked to register to vote. If you are not registered to vote, click here to see how. Be sure your pro-life friends and family are registered to vote as well.
5) Get to know your candidates and never cast a vote for those candidates who won’t protect our most vulnerable citizens: our unborn children, those who are medically disabled, and the elderly. And be sure your own actions do not inadvertently help elect a pro-abortion candidate. See “Ways to Defeat a Pro-life Candidate.”
Over the coming weeks, sharable flyers are being added to the National Right to Life PAC website. Be sure to check back for updates in your state.
In 2018, thirty-five U.S. Senate seats, 435 U.S. House of Representative seats, and 36 gubernatorial seats are in play. 2017 taught us the literal truth that every vote counts!
Your individual contribution matters!
Let’s work together, make a difference and create a future for the unborn!
Look for election updates in future editions of www.nationalrighttolifenews.org.